The Bite
Chimy Changa

World of Wars Part 2

By Kington
Sunday, December 17th 20th century of the Obsidian King, (2006)

Multi Suffix and Prefix King.


I've change my residence back to my old home.

The one which was given to me when I received my suffix.

Torment Over None.

We're doing pretty well in this war. Even if it is just for sport.

The Odyssey War.

Only Odysseuses are allowed to participate in this game.

The name of this war refers to the travels of Odysseus after the trojan war.

Likewise we travel in this game far and wide.

But unlike the greek epic. We're allowed any means of travel and the goal is not to reach Ithaca but to capture as many territories in 10 years with only a team of oddesyeuses.

We are men and woman who have forsaken enough of our humanity to achieve powers that ordinary men only dream of in novels and fairy tales.



Odysseus' main heroic trait is his mētis, or "cunning intelligence"; he is often described as the "Peer of Zeus in Counsel". This intelligence is most often manifested by Odysseus' use of disguise and deceptive speech. His disguises take forms both physical (altering his appearance) and verbal,

All of us have it. But yet some of us have it more than others.

This war is going to last 10 years. Which is the time limit anyway.

Because were such a rare occurence, from the world's population of 6.1 billion there's only 100 of us in each team.

As leader of the DarkHats team I have to control my emotions to lead them.

What a strange war it is. The use of Oracles in this war makes things oddly predictable yet erratic. Played out in another world called the Epic Voyage.

The ten years is measured by a clock in the real world back on earth that will slowly tick off every second of this 10 years.

The oddest thing about the world is it was built without humans just for this game of ours. There's no sun. Making energy supplies, food supplies and Dark vision gifts all the more important.

We're also not allowed to attack or try to capture any regions within 5pm to 6am in the real world. That means we can leave and head home within those hours. And sieges have a maximum time of 11 hours.

But that doesn't really matter because my team can capture a continent in 6 hours.

Bless our technologically advanced weaponry.

Because of the lack of numbers everyone is afraid of losing even one man.

We're not allowed to even attack each other outside of the Epic Voyage. No assasination attempts.

Compared to the Obsidian War.

I have to steady myself for my men. I have to cast my emotions aside.

To do my best. In waging this war.

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?