The Bite
Chimy Changa

"Copycat"

By Kington
Ever wondered what would it be like to be someone else? Having the abilities of Vanessa(Copycat) from Marvel comics?

One of the very uses of a photographic memory....Is to repeat certain actions with no uncertainty in percisely the same way and if God willing on the precise breath cycle and heartbeat cycle.

Standing at the dinner table today pushing in a chair after lunch I was wondering how I could improve my memory. Then I realised I was pushing in the chair the way I had seen it done in a movie when I was a kid still below 10.

I'm nearly 18 now very soon to be and I'm still doing it this way. Then I decided to analyse my life. Yet again.

I came to realise that a lot of my life is a copy of other people's. When did I ever copy things so wholesale? Musta been during those dark years when I developed this Kodak memory.

Ish. So I've copied Jorrel's sweet talking. I've got a few gaits when it comes to walking. Multiple accents and a plethora of repeated habits which tend to rotate too.

Then I wonder who I really am. Existentialist theory aside. What am I? Am I a copy with different genes of my parents but a copy of other people?

What is mine really? What is originally me? What bit would show if I were stripped of everything? To have never met anyone? To have never ever watched tv? To have lost my eyes there and then to that incident?

What would stand alone? What would stay? Clear as a white tower shone upon the light in dark empty endless plain?

Nothing would fall away when such a thing if ever were to happen I guess. My own experiences(no matter how warped), my dreams, my aspiration, my goals, my own feelings, my thoughts all of them have changed how I've copied things.

I've taken Jorrel's idea of sweet talking on it's own. But they way I do it is different. Everyone says I shouldn't copy it. But nah it isn't a copy. He's just inspired me.

The habits and gestures copied surely they would be strange? But nah there's enough of my own mannerisms to add a little twist to it. I don't exactly open my palm in the trusting gesture in the common way. When I say "Take my hand" my fingers play out like a starfish stretching and yet coiling too. Genetic quirk.

And maybe some of my ideas are copied. Maybe my taste for alternative music is copied. My writing style is a bit of a copy too. From the russian master Sergei Lukyanenko. But the way I expand them develop them. It's all mine all unique to me. And no one can replicate it. No one has proven themselves able to anyway. Which makes me so unpredictable.

Sure I may be a better than average person at copying things. I can even copy myself for that matter.(yes it can be done for the curious, and yes I do copy myself for the pat guah) But truly I stand on my own I guess. And if thats not good enough? I believe so too that I'm one orignal person. And I'm proud of it. Even if it does make me wierd.

-------

Next post may be handwritten. Itching for the feel of my pen or my pencil against the paper again.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?