The Bite
Chimy Changa

14 scars..And 6 years...

By Kington
It's been that long eh. Definately six years but probably more than 14 scars.

I opened a window on friendster wondering who the Jewish Bohemian Jangle was this familiar face in that super small thumbnail. But the name was oh so familiar.

When the face was enlarged first thing I said to myself..."Eh still alive?"

Then I posted a comment. The usual "Eh still alive arh after so long. Dahm long never see already. Whats happened in the past dunno how many donkey years? Oh the cows came home btw."

Something like that la.

Aih then she replied. Way too fast for comfort. Suddenly I find myself caught trying to think of a reply. She pretty much summarised we haven't seen each other except in brief passing wayy back in F2 but we haven't talked properly since standard 6. Wayyyyy long ler for good friends. Then again not much choice ler. We didn't have any means of contact.

So the usual la. "Eh nak pergi yumcha when you get back to Malaysia? After my exams of course."

But then I thought what do I do if she agrees to meet up ler. It's been a long time. I'm not sure if she still talks to the other 2 also.

She knows fully what I'm capable of. The little bits that aren't considered common knowledge too. So what do I do if we meet up? Will she be dissapointed? Will I be dissapointed?

What will have changed? Will we still get along like old times? Will she hate me for breaking off contact with the other 2?

It's all a guess. She hasn't been around for half a decade anyway. Bleh and she was the one who trained my audiotape like memory. What will she say if she sees it falling apart now?

Those days with the nasty shocks of me remembering what someone said months ago repeating it exactly as if the person said it 5 secs ago coupled with their incredulous expressions. But now with the extensive damage done by excessive discarding of certain memories to clear the way for new ones it's not easy to do anymore. I can barely remember this old friend either. I just remember sitting at the table playing card games with her. And those jittery lightning fast movements of hers. There's still her music playing in my com though. Downloaded it again after hearing it during dinner. Underground band that died of in 2001 just when we broke off contact.

After that I left the world of DU and entered a brand new world in DJ and a new life began. Totally different from what I was used to.

Nuts is this how friends always are when they meet up after nearly half their lifespans?
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?