The Bite
Chimy Changa

At The Edge of The Water

By Kington

I stand at the edge of the water. So deep so blue.

So lost I stand there just staring at it. It's crystal blue colour. It's glossy surface. Slowly rolling with the gentle tide. The opposite of my stormy mind.

The wind whips around me seeping into my skin blowing every bare patch of skin. Blowing my hair into my face. Roaring in my ears. But nowhere loud enough to drown out my thoughts.

The sand crunches as I shift my footing. Beneath my feet the sand so white and pure. The stones pink and round.

I straighten my hair and push it back as I peer into the depths of this crystal blue world.

I'm lost but yet I don't feel worried. I wonder what I should do.

I stand at the edge of it all. If I take the step I might plunge into the depths and never see the world again.

But yet there's the chance that on the other side of this rolling surface there's a world that I've always dreamed of waiting for me.

I straighten myself. I stare at the sky. Clear and blue with seagulls lazily gliding along. A random smattering of white clouds here and there only serve to make it more beautifull.

I stand at the edge of the water. Here to change my destiny to change what has happened so far. Everything will change. But the risk is I'll never be able to come back.

I close my eyes. I take a deep breath.

And I leap.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?