The Bite
Chimy Changa

A Travelling Vessel

By Kington
I don't like this story actually. I think it was poorly written could have something to do with the mood. I guess it's here just so I could let off some steam. Really not much point in reading it. Maybe if Nich Quah could gimme some comments or help me edit a bit...

-----------------
The water sluiced down my back. Cold and sharp with the heater off. Flowing into every nook and cranny of my body.

My dry skin and under watered body sucks in the water. The blood on the wounds washes out. Leaving pink colour suds on the bathroom floor.

"Nice work just now."
"Thanks."
"I know that we do ask you to go on collecting information a lot. But it's awfully creepy to see you at work you know?"
[pause] [continues soaping]
"It's like the way you do it. It just seems so cold hearted you know? To what gain is all of this?"
"For my brother."
"I think she knows you dislike her. Maybe she's even trying to establish the feeling is mutual. The way she cha you like that. Surely she's trying to start a fight."
"A contest for my brother? It's better for her to know at least. Even digging around for information in other places hasn't come to her ears yet maybe. The new source is still rather distracted with the rumours."
"Well it is true...But what happens if she's a natural adept at motive reading. You're disdain for her sticks out like a clear antennae to heaven!"
"No proof. Can't nail. I don't retaliate nor lay any of my 2 hands on her anyway."
"Anyway keep your head clean and out of the water. Metaphorically. I think you're about to dock soon."
----------------------

*The doors hiss. My vessel locks into one of the many bays. My smaller class vessel becomes just part of a massive larger world where people stay. But yet I'm only a mere Traveller about to live among these residents. Collecting what I truly want. Information.*

Black vessel please report your status. Your model number, crew, your management software and your origin.

"No registration number privately made, 1 man crew, Obsidian Shadows operating software."

Your origin sir?

"No origin. Gap floater."

Ah, Welcome Shadow Nine to our world. May you enjoy your stay. Do you have anything to declare sir?

"To declare? I like pickles and that I'm single and eligible. Well if you'd like you can look in my armory. Nothing to declare but my armory."
----------------------

I've arrived. Travelling so far between worlds. All to get here. For that strand of information that may save my brother. It's taken me a lot of deceit. A lot of careful word play to get here. And all I need is just a little bit more. I don't even need the new source. I'm going to the MAIN source.
---------------------

I step off carrying no bags. Wearing my basic gear. Pants. Shirt. Layered undershirt with minimal armor. Light jacket with only 4 knives 2 ceremonial denoting my status 2 for practical use in the inner pocket. The maximum allowed by Travellers in non-hostile territory. Light travelling boots(more like sneakers with oomph). The red and black mask for communication is back in the vessel. Under my left sleeve on my left forearm is my Left Hand. A solid ball made of pure rune type Obsidian, only allowed for the top of the league Shadow Nines and Shadow Tens attached to a long cable wrapped around my left forearm.
---------------------

In the pure pale sun of this new world I look like a Traveller instantly. All the men and women here are rich wildly. Richer than those on Mathelda. People come here with their massive fortunes amassed through any means, both dirty and clean to live in luxury for the rest of their lives.

A first class world. And it makes me sick. Coming from the Depths. I don't even have an origin. Sure most Shadow Nines have enough money to settle away on some world full of riches like this at the very least Mathelda yet another first class world but only for the not so rich.

But we hate the wealthy. Those living so well. It's because of them all forms of Shadows exist. From Shadow Makers to the Shadow Numbers. It's because of them we exist.
------------

Looking around at the posh buildings built so nicely with their smooth peach coloured walls. It's very much like rich man country here.

I feel ill just looking at the wealth. But I've got a job to do. I'm not here merely visiting. I'm here to seek out something.

And I'll stifle the hate for now. But I sooooooooo wish I could set off a nuke though. Oh wait, I didn't bring any. Shucks.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?