The Bite
Chimy Changa

Oh my failing memory

By Kington
I glance at her. Her serious eyes. Her face unsmiling. I look away because she's with her boyfriend. Her hair is thin in it's quantity. She's short. Her boyfriend is short too. I don't recognize her stance.

I look away and turn to Wei Yew and quicken my pace.

"KINGTON!"

I turn thinkin about how "dead fish" this is going to be. I know she looks familiar. But I have no "chicken haven" clue about who she is.
I stare. Can't help it. I give her a weak smile.

"You forgot who I am again right?"

OK THAT RINGS A BELL! WHOS NAME DO I FORGET A LOT! *shuffles cards* Well she's not Sarah,(Tan, Jane, Lim, Yong or any other variant) Pui Yean, Hui Yuih,(still can't get a fix on that girls face) Mar-xha, Shahirah(wait that girl always wear tudung hor)............So that leaves me with 2 names.

1 I couldn't recall also. But I remember something vague about the other...

Her face was serious, her eyes didn't blink, she looked at me as if I was someone with influence.

"Hi, my name is Han Mei."


"Han Mei?" I venture. She smiled. FUH GOOD GUESS. And she seemed satisfied. "Sorry weih really bad with names." Not the first time she's heard that excuse come to think of it. And not exactly the first time from me either.

So my head is kinda busted in. What can I say? I met her about 4 times only so far. And she keeps changing her stances and her looks.

And last year I went through the heaviest bits of it. This year I just ripped out a solid chunk of someone who changed my life forever too. Luckily it was just 1 person.

Sigh another check of the memory goes on too. Suddenly I'm not sure who I saw in that yellowish picture. Was it Sarah Tan or Sarah Jane? If it was neither(pretty sure it's STGC) then who could it be. And who showed me the pic? It's all so confusing.

It's been kinda bad since about the time I met Han Mei too. Suddenly the numero uno ability to memorise every single word in a conversation went down the pipe.

It took me a 1 year to figure out who was Pui Yean instead of just some girl in Balau.(it was nostalgia that solved the problem too) I spent a lot of time in f3 asking "whats the name of that girl?" pointing at Sarah too. Did that WAYYY too much. I eventually gave up because it was begining to annoy Henry.(was it Henry? or was it Colin?)

But oddly enough. Wierd pieces are still here and there. I can still remember my first conversation with Sarah and a FEW other people,(and the bag shop next to dragon-i) first time meeting some people,(Pui Yean's is missing, I think coz of msn, Li Hui also actually) some odd conversations, a lot of things I did with Sarah and Bird and Keong and Michael and bah pretty much almost everybody and some perfect snippets of people's voices.

However the only faces that stick in my head apart from the guys is very far and few between. Sarah and Pui Yean have the clearest images.(guess why. It's pretty obvious actually) Hui Yuih tak ada langsung. And everyone else somehow their faces are memorised in different parts. Some people however I give up and just plain recognize them from their stance alone.

Names and memories don't mix well either. Imagine sitting down for lunch with S207 and the only people you know are the people at the other end of the table. GEE GEE LAH. I only knew Xindee. Bad bad bad day. I stopped eating with PE5 for the same reason also. I'm kinda stumped as to who is Joanna until now. You know like...stump like Stumpy the extra short 8th dwarf that didn't appear in the Snow White movie?

But there's hope! During huddle I memorised everyone's names! Fantastic! So there's some hope for repair. But then again it's kinda tricky and messy. Like treacle. Not sure if I've eaten that before either. Can't remember if it's messy or tricky either.

Feeling old. =(
------------------------------
I'll switch templates before shoving in the links.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?