The Bite
Chimy Changa

Unsafe to turn the head

By Kington
Sometimes when a passenger gets into my car...I don't look a them when I talk to them. The more dangerous the route and the more concerned I am about safety the less I turn to look at the person.

Well that or they press a subject that I need to lie. But I generally avoid lying anyway so sometimes there's an unhealthy pause. Some of my passengers realise that I'm probably not going to say anything and give up but...Jorrel turns to stare. Creepy weih. But generally those trips to somewhere with the right company can be quite entertaining.

"The reapers hound, why do you frown, wipe it off your face."
"Oh where did you hear that?"
"You said it before suddenly one day."
"Okayyyy....I plan on using it in a story sometime."
"But yeah anyway why the frown?"
"Just worried about something lah."
"So how are thing?"
"What things? You mean the family? Johnny says he wants to be a fireman when he grows up, Sandy wants to be a doctor and the missus is just fine."
"You're just so full of crap sometimes you know."
"And you're full of vague questions."
"So yeah how are things? You're love life."
"............."
"Tell lah."
"Bugger. Working well lah."
"Elaborate. As far as I know thaere was that little kid right on last check?"
"Well yeah there was that little kid."
"She still pinning for you?"
"I wouldn't know. Still trying to cut her off. Trying to let her down gently so she doesn't hate the other members. She got a good shot in and had 5 mins of my time. Literally 5 mins as I walked to my car. But I made sure I seemed brotherly at best. Little chiku. I hope she picked up on it. Coz Su Yi blew the ring right out of the water anyway."
"Hahaha cheap tactic lah the ring. Don't use it too much be more of a man. What about ********** anyway?"
"Well she keeps asking me out. To go all sorts of places. But I just keep dodging. Pui Yean gave a few pointers and that was it. Still avoiding her. Mostly if we need to do anything with her or get something from her...Using proxies. Such as Bird. He knows I'm in deep crap anwyay."
"Landau, Luckman, Luke and Lequare?"
*cough*"Sorry an intergalatic organisation which appeared in Deadpool comics?"
"L lah."
"Nothing lah just friends. I tried letting another person take over her keeping. But supposedly the guy failed expectations. So I'm back to work. Life is full of jerks really. She's stable and she knows my sights are set somewhere else too."
"You mentioned that before. Something about the law of life."
"Yeap."
"What about the main?"
"The main?" *blink*
*turns in seat to look at me*"The main."
"Uhhhh...We have regular contact..."
"I'm holding on to the details here you know. I'm just asking you of your opinion."
"Well..........................................."

--------------------------------------

When I didn't drive

"So Mark kena bump non-stop man today. I think cause elder didn't know my name. That and he knew no one else there also."
"Ahahaha But surely got others also right? Those that didn't own up."
"Well yeah got a few lah. There was one right in front of me but to my knowledge it was like only one half of each couple was there today."
"Mark is also single right?"
"Yeah he's single. But elder decided to poke fun at him anyway."
"You leh. Why didn't you own up?"
*cough*"Uhm there's nothing going on between us lah."
"Right..right...suuuuureeeeeee...So hows you and her?"
"Uhhh I don't do anything...much"
"Right...right...suree....sure...Yeahhh I believe that man..."

*cough* Aik he also knows. Ok...I guess it became VERY obvious ever since that day...But then again this is a quick thinker, capable leader, good planner, sharp eyed, multiple A star scoring guy whos always dragging home the credits that I'm talking to.

A lot of stuff is omitted. Of course lah. But quite funny lah kena question. Sometimes it's a lot of fun to spew rubbish. And it's really entertaining when you're stuck on the LDP or something.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Mark Teen 11/26/2007 11:20:00 pm
    Haha, that was the conversation between you and JK on the way to huddle after AC?

    Hmm hmm.. I see.. So it's through lah. There IS something going on.. tsk tsk
  2. Kington 11/28/2007 09:18:00 pm
    But no sparks flying oh well

    confusing lerh

Something to say?