The Bite
Chimy Changa

Spiral...

By Kington
Was up till 4 talking to Bird and Kurtwin.

Ended up in a really really stupid bet which might push a lot of my skills overboard.(lets just accredit it to the ramblings of 3 of the craziest minds after finally losing in dota)

That and finding out a really really smart girl is doing the Sunway A-lvls 1 yr course.(I can hear all the coll students screaming "OH MY GOODNESS!") Sister of the smartest girl in Sunway A-lvls lah. Expected lah.

Fell asleep after talking crap for awhile cause the 2 of them decided to go in "crap circles" got an sms asking me where am I too! Creepy nearly got dragged back in to the maelstorm of crap...

Woke up saw another sms. Wah head dahm foggy had to answer. And that was waking up.
---------------------------

Another landing. The steps are grimy. I can see it in the dark. The walls smudged wtih strange black stains.

The gaze behind me rests on my shoulders.

I know his expression is empty.
Waiting to see how I handle things.

We're climbing the stairs. Easy to climb it takes not much effort.

Agreeing was harder. Much harder.

I see her moving so energetically in front of me.

Climbing the steps happily. In her pointed shoes it's a bit difficult for her.

But for the other 2 of us our shoes have rounded toes. It's not a problem.

It's dark here...The shadows and the cool air compell me, Almost daring me to go at full speed. But if I did I wouldn't be able to watch her. And I'm not allowed to pass along the responsibility.

I bob upwards on every step trying to keep the energy in check.

The other man behind me. Only 12 days older. But he knows whats going on in my head.

The stairs hurt. Climbing them. He knows it hurts me like crazy.

There's no blood dripping anywhere. But he can tell it hurts. My gait didn't change. But he knows it cuts me bad. So badly and deeply. It's got nothing to do with the damage I've had to deal with.

His eyes drift off and check my hands. Relaxed. Checks the side of my face as we turn the steps to go around another flight. Tearless. Empty cunning expression. And I catch him looking.

Another landing. Just a few more floors to go.

It gets darker from 1 or 2 dead lightbulbs. I feel the blood flow harder in my veins. Harder to control the breathing. Harder to steady myself.

He doesn't notice that at least.

Ahead of us, she doesn't notice all of this transpiring behind her.

I glance behind. He just shrugs.

We walk on. 2 floors to go now.

She's smiling. Walking up these steps quickly slightly faster than normal. Energeticly. She's really really happy.

I turn around again. The face is cold. "your choice" it seems to say.

And we take the next flight again.

Why am I here?

Because I wanted to make sure she'd be safe. But here I am sending her up these stairs so that she could see another man. Possibly her love interest. My rival.

The place was quite far. And it was in a different direction than where we were headed.

I doubt my judgement further. Was it profitable for me to agree? Was it wise?

I'm ruining myself...I'm destroying what I tried to build with her surely...

But as long as she's happy. Whatever makes her happy. Thats what I tell myself.

We reach the top of the stairs. That dark spiral.

I look behind again as I open the door. And I see her walk smiling ear to ear past me. Happy that she'll get to see the guy we walked all the way here for.

And my friend behind her just gives me a "All the best with your choice" look.

And we step into the crowd. To look for him.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?