The Bite
Chimy Changa

Wow 3 hours of sleep

By Kington
That night fragged with Bird till 4 then slept for 3 hours.

Woke up went to wish Amanda farewell. Went to church. (sorry eh friend I had to dash off so suddenly if I wasn't late I would have to stayed to help you)

Went for lunch with church members. Sent a new guy I just met to KJ station then came home to a fully occupied house again. Sigh no longer alone.

------------------------------

Looking for a roti tissue we went to a mamak just me and a pal.

Then I saw them. The people from a world that I don't quite belong but I frequently visit.

Then I saw her. Still the same. Ever cheerful. Ever smiling. As if I never walked into her life.

I talk to the others while hoping that she'd notice me waving. But she doesn't. Too busy.

Oh well. I go back over to my bud and settle back into my chair order my usual teh-o-ais. I drop her an sms asking if she's in this so and so place. My normal style of teasing when I spot her and she can't see me.

"Haha Yeah" comes the reply. But I didn't notice it.

She calls and asks me to raise a hand so she can see me. I raise my left with the tape and she doesn't see it. She's kinda short anyway so it wouldn't be easy to see my hand.

"Wave it in the air." I wave. "Can't see"

The phone call ends shortly after and my bud and I get cracking on his roti tissue and me on my cheese naan.

Minutes later her group makes to leave as me and my friend are only halfway through our meal.

I wave to them. And resume my meal.

Chewing on my naan with mint paste. Ah bliss. Sucking on my teh-o-ais. Watching 22 men chase chase a leather ball. It's all so relaxing. Even with such a crazy week. Things just seem so peaceful to just be sucking on the straw.

A tap on the ribs.

I look up. And I see her smile and wave goodbye.

"Oh well" I say to myself as I resume sucking my rapidly dwindling teh-o-ais. Somethings just aren't meant to flow that way I guess. Even after knowing her for so many years I guess we'll just never have a solid conversation.

Guess I'll never know the person behind all those smses.

----------------

Jorrel asked me soooo many freaking times in a row "Are you sure you're not gay?"

-_-...............BEI la this guy
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?