The Bite
Chimy Changa

Embarrassing

By Kington
"So whats up with all the worship?"
"I just lacked worship in my com turns out and I wanted to top up."
"If you really want you should ask Xinyi."

Oh Ah another reason to hunt her down.

"Normally people only go worship crazy when they're emo. Whats up?"
"I'd rather not discuss it this week. Can we delay it?"
"Hmm alright."

He turns to another. He knows me too well too.

"So why are you emo this week?"

---------------------------------------------------

She takes a seat next to me.

And I feel the prickle. She's calling. That or she's trying to observe me working.

I try to dodge. Try to consume anything outlying. I just feel so embarrassed.

"Kington."

I can't ignore without there being a scene.

"Why did you get 3 out of 25? What was your breakdown for AS?"
"A, B."
"That's not a very strong A you know? You could lose it in A2."
"Yeah I know..."
"So why la you only got 3 out of 25 for the test?"
"Well that part I didn't really turn up for class, sick a lot and..."

She looks at me with a deep look of concern.

"Emotional problems."

Her look softens. It speaks volumes.

'This disillusioned, insanely bitter young man who has always shocked me with how much he knows about the dark side of the world...has a heart that can bleed underneath it all.'

She glances under the table and sees the 2 hand phones.

"You got girlfriend ah?" Curiosity in my love life does not mellow with age regardless of who the person really is. Sigh.

"No......"

She pauses staring at me to carry on.

"It's complicated and I feel embarrassed to tell you teacher."

She realises I'm quite badly taxed cause in a rare glimpse I'm speaking with proper full English.

She leans back in her seat.

"So what are you going to do about it?"
"I'm going to read up and ask you anything I don't know."

And she knows I'm contrite and will probably solve A2.

Sigh. And I took up a promise. To never be affected. Even went out and solved the riddle of ridding sight. Rearmed myself. Went back into a cold winter freezing my heart over. Numbing the shots, I don't even feel physical pain on the level of the average man anymore.

But I let myself be affected. I'll just have to ignore things and shed all the loose weight. Like the soldier discarding his pack to cross a dangerous point.

I'll discard it all.

To slaughter this A2.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?