The Bite
Chimy Changa

I'm a sucker for compliments

By Kington
I still remember when I went to cheras for a gathering where my aunt was sponsoring dinner.

It was the first time in a really long while everyone was in Malaysia. So we had to pig out.

Geo duck. Old whiskey. Amazing food. And a really crazy egg.

But I gotta admit. I was dismayed for 3 reasons.

Mike went out with my lil sis and when they called I was already in cheras. Those 2 are crazy fun put together. Somo go joyriding. AISEH!

Second...no Poon Choi. As to what is it...Ask your parents what a full poon choi is. Jaw dropping.

And I was also dismayed because I couldn't go visit Soo Koon. Just kidding.

Why am I saying all this?

Cause when there was left over food. My aunt would point at it. Nod at me and say "bandaraya"

When my cousin said "wah Kington you really bandaraya today". I replied "yeah you look in the fish tank you can see me sucking the side."

My sister jabbed me in the ribs for that.

Yeah Sucker. Woot!

===================================

on to it yeah?

===================================

Ordinarily. ORDINARILY! I'm quite annoyed when someone overtly praises me.

It's just something I picked up last year.

Imagine having tried something quite wow. And everyone praises you for effort and skill shown. And everyone in the world is telling you on how the other parties would benefit so much.

And nothing follows through.

Dang man. Annoyinh ah. Peggy is really afraid to comment on any of my plans now. Her jaw just hangs open whenever I say anything.

Even now Edwyn stops cold when he catches my glare when he starts spouting crap over something awesome I did. Classmates stopped commenting about my skills in dota. Couldn't stand the strange reaction.

But aih. Xin Huei arh. That girl spouts praise and compliments like.......like...those tacky pot bearing water fixtures. Or the fake fat terra cotta koi in the fish pot outside my house spouting water out of it's gaping mouth.

Everyday arh....She gets into my car. Learns something new about me. And........

A) Her mouth hangs open and she goes "Gosh........."
B) She goes "omigoodness that's so sweet!"
C) She goes "that's just amazing........."

I could go on forever. Or just as long as she does.

But it doesn't grate. Amazing.

I know I do quite amazing things sometimes.(see I am conceited) Even close friends still gape at me when they ask about something odd and get an answer that shocks.

======================

I gotta cut in here. There's this girl named Zoe making fun of a guy named Kingston by referencing a thumb drive in her hand.

I feel Adeline-ed. Deng annoying juniors.

======================

But it's still odd to have someone gaping and going wow everyday as part of the first conversation you have in a day. Very odd.

But I guess it's ok to get reviewed. After all we know the compliments are purely just comments because we're both uninterested anyway.(she's nearly taken for the 50th time I'm telling this in 3 days) Sometimes it's just entertaining too.

But it's just odd. And I actually feel quite amused when she goes wow and all. But nothing gets me laughing as hard until she says "I hate you Kington!" Woot. I can be annoying after all! Now I just gotta turn it on Bird!

-----------------------

Love teasing her about her dates actually. Major source of irritation somehow to see me smiling like the Cheshire cat.

Goodness she thought me and Emily had something going on! Guess she's not alone haha!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?