The Bite
Chimy Changa

Ewww Crossroads Again Wait Malaysia Only Has Roundabouts

By Kington
Ah yes. The fluctuating exchange rate.

With the price of education swaying around like a bamBOO!(scariest plant in the world) in a crazy always shifting wind.........

Options sorta open up/get reconsidered.

Ok maybe they don't sway. But the darn UK exchange rate doesn't look promising. Going high AND staying high. I just hope it kills itself like a guy that smoked too much weed and died from carbon monoxide poisoning.(dying high)(literally)

And all this happened when I picked out the UK unis I wanna apply to already. Sniff the not-well-to-do are always tortured by tertiary education sniff. Can't just wake up and say....

"I WANNA GO IMPERIAL CAUSE I'VE GOT THE MOOLAH AND I WANNA SUFFER IN THE NO.1 MECHANICAL ENGINEERING UNIVERSITY IN THE UK!!"

Can't afford Imperial anyway. Sniffles.

SO.............Options are...........
UK: Manchester, Bath, Leeds, Southampton.

4 Years Masters In Mechanical Engineering

I qualify for all those unis so far la I hope. But pricing for those. It's like what Chee Ping said. (I will not repeat it. Sounds scary until now) And trying to move all that money over would be a downright headache. (move all of it now: collect interest 8%, Move later might get a nice and pretty exchange rate)

Second option.....

Australia: Melbourne? Where else?

3 Years Bachelors and another 2 years Masters

I've never really considered Australia. I've always been set on UK really since I was a kid since US is a no-no(No offense but I don't think it's a very good place to study). Besides there's no integrated Masters and Bachelors program there for engineering. So it's either I do 3 years and come back do my professional paper, do a 4 years bachelor or do a 3+2 which my dad suggested.

Pros: Oysters(SEAFOOD! Hepatitis jab please!), Better weather(No stupid permanent rain with dark cloudy skies), More buds going Australia(All those SAM people), Some other hidden reason. I get to skip A2 engineers from A-lvls are normally offered unconditional offers based off their AS results.(eat your heart out sam people, That means same intake as my buddies.)

Cons: 5 YEARS!!! AUGH PANJANG! SERIOUSLY PANJANG! Although 5 years of enjoyment would be nice.....But 5 studying years nonetheless.....I'll still be studying even when you guys are back in Malaysia enjoying. (Well...Except maybe you Sarah if you're dad holds you back 1 year. Then we'll probably finish together.)

3rd Option.....The Morningstar Option.....EH!? lol J/k

IF my dad doesn't let me succeed him. Then I think I'll do psychology. Possibly in UK Southampton or in HELP. But I don't think my dad has much of a choice. Mommy wants me to anyway.

4th and last option

It's an option that involves me studying like crazy super sial and aiming really really high. I'll be gone even longer still if my dad holds up on his end of the bargain. When I feel depressed with the way my life looks I keep thinking of taking it up and just using it sometimes.

I get a scholarship up till Masters level or Bachelors level if I can't get any. Then when I'm done I'm off to France to enter the prestigious INSEAD(provided I can convince them to let me in lol), LSE, or Harvard maybe. For an MBA. Seriously will come out looking super impressive la. But the total time taken is 5 years AT BEST and then I'll still have to take my professional paper. 6/7 Years no paper. I'll be 25 when I'm done.....And then the extra reason rears it's ugly, pizza face, lopsided head again...

[sigh] Options, options. Pick a card, any card. I still think I'm going UK personally. But there's that extra reason which makes Australia look enticing....And oysters.......Drool.......
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?