The Bite
Chimy Changa

Robert Frost

By Kington
Recently someone I knew...She lifted my hand and stared at the ring.

Her soft small hand against my coarse calloused skin brought back memories for the both of us.

She didn't say anything. She just stared at the ring while turning my hand instead of asking me to take it off or anything. I thought "eh since when she so magpie?" but then I looked at her face. She was deep in thought.

Suddenly my other friend said something and she let my arm fall and we both pretended nothing happened.

Many people know that I picked up Jorrel's style of flirting and turned it for my own uses. That sickly sweet toungue of his which I copied out of fun.
However even fewer people know actually how much my style differs from his.

I once used that toungue of mine playfully. On the first day of meeting her I had gotten her number right off. Sheer guts. I knew right off that she was a girl way out of my league but I tried anyway giving some floppy excuse too. But hey I got her number.

The night passed in a flurry of text messages as I asked about her and she told me about herself. And inbetween I used that art style.

We texted each other into the morning neither of us stopping the conversation. And neither of us studying even though the physics gerak gempur was the day after.

Even though we only met once. And even now I haven't seen her more than 10 times. We got pretty close.

I still remember E-yan going "attaboy!" when I talked to him.

Then I decided it was wrong. I'm not supposed to do this and I reversed things fast.

But we stayed friends in the end luckily even though I did some pretty drastic things. We never hooked up either or said anything in the end so I never knew how she felt.

But whenever my male friends see her. They always ask "is that the girl which you kept that heavy long distance corespondance with?" followed with "dahm wastefull la you Kington"

Not long after that I buried all that I knew on how to sweet talk. And soon after Sarah Tan on a super rare occasion scolded Jorrel on it too.

And soon after we both lost our knack at doing it well. Although Jorrel still uses it when joking around so I'm told.

Eventually she hooked up with another suitor. And that was it. I carried on with my own life doing my own things.

But I felt ashamed for sweet talking her without a reason. I wasn't even interested. And when I looked back in those old smses I realised there could have been something.

And now I've stopped dumping false compliments for no reason and I've forgotten whats the true magic of doing it too. I still feel like a bastard sometimes thinking about it. But suddenly I find myself pressing hard to remember the secrets of it.

But the way she looked at the ring that day. Was she wondering if I had finally hooked up? Seeing her face just made me remember the road I didn't take.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I felt like I've turned down what might have been a massive chance. But now I don't use it anymore. Because I felt that it wasn't me enough. But I find myself wanting the skill back now more than ever. What do I do?....
------------------

Ok ok I promise no more wierd introspective posts. Next post will be a super short one about a conversation I had with a kitten.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?