The Bite
Chimy Changa

The price of dreaming

By Kington
I normally avoid dreaming. If it's a good dream it makes me covet what I cannot have.

If it's a bad dream. I only see bad things. I've also seen people get attacked when I'm supposed to protect them. And some a far lot worse...But then again dreaming is important if not I wouldn't be able to do my memory training.

But sometimes they provide great inspiration for stories.
--------------------------------

5....4.....3....2....1...

TRANSLATOR FRACTURE. CAUSE: OVERUSE

Hardly surprising

Her eyes are red and watery. I can see her face. Thats not right. In dreams I can't see faces. The world around us is empty. Purple.

I reach out to her to touch her. She turns away. I pull her back to me calling her name. She turns around and sobs into my arm. Her hot tears roll down my arm.

Whats wrong?

She tells me. I try to comfort her. And I've never felt so useless.

I hate to see her so sad. I've never seen her cry so much...

I'm still there reassuring her. But the people are coming back in.

The room takes on colours. The floor is tiled purple like some kind of strange game. The windows are high and huge there's a large table with a whitish blue table cloth.


Tension racks me. I can feel it building I begin to feel my own heartbeat.

She pulls away from me with everybody approaching asking her why.

Then I remember. To the world. I am the gray and she is the white. To the world it seems so wrong when I'm with her.

She shares with them. But they already knew. I'm the last to know. Being like a satellite to her life. I'm always turning up randomly. But I'm just not really a big part of her life.

Her dad talks to me with an interrogating expression. I don't hear what he says. I see the lips move. But I can feel his emotions trying to burst out and maul me for every bit of information that can be gleamed from me. Trying to see if I'm worthy of his daughter. A strong shade of gray going after the white. Her mother just doesn't care what happens.

She vanishes as I'm busy with her dad. And I know it's off with another guy. I don't know who it is. I shuffle around the huge place.

I feel my heart falling. I ask around if anyone knows where she went. Feeling like a lost pup looking for it's master. They tell me she went off with another guy some time ago.

I'm greatly saddened.


The dream bleeds to day. And I wake up gently with my hands and feet freezing to my dad watching me sleep as I absent mindedly pull my blanket over myself in my sleep. I tell him it's ok I just wanna cover my face cause it's cold. I pull up my blanket and he just yanks it from me and covers me in it. I pull it up to my mouth and I pull it taut around my mouth.

He smiles and walks out as I doze off again.

I don't dream but I think.

When I awake I stare at the sky. With it's white rolling clouds and a foreground of swaying palms in my back yard.

And I realise the dream isn't too far from how reality is.

Do tears roll down my face due to just waking up or is it due to emotions. It's only 2 but it's enough to make me ask myself.

I check my heartbeat. And it's just the morning I smile to myself. Reality is far from the dream.

Everything is different. And I take a deep breath. And I wake up to face the world. And I remember things are a lot worse in my dreams than it is in the world.

I've got God in the world.

--------------------------

Conversation between me and a long lost friend. Balance out the "emo" above. I think it's emotive la really not emo ish.

Me: So got girlfriend? got boyfriend? got husband? got wife? Oh wait thats not legal even in Australia
*****: lol
Me: So hows the kids?
*****: Oh Susan is 2 and half now and timothy is about to start kindergarten soon
*****: Hows the missus?
Me: Oh I killed her....Oh wait I meant she disappeared off into the night *cough*
*****: You must have been that bad huh?
Me: Uhm...guess so

After 6 years we STILL talk like that. Omigosh chemical reactions don't change over time after all.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?