The Bite
Chimy Changa

Whats in a testimony?

By Kington
I woke up last last Sunday to 2 clicks of my phone. 2 messages received.

"Daniel Hon"
"Sarah Tan"

The Bird's sms read just "10:30".

Sarah's was about well wishes. Until now I don't know why but I'm gonna leave it to be part of the mysteries of the universe.

But I was pretty sure it was a sign. The night before I was feeling like a complete piece of crap. And I decided. I needed God's word more than ever. And I was going to hop my way outa my house just to get some too.

I was deciding if I should collect on Jorrel's offer and go Grace Assembly or Charis KL(deceptively in Taman Mayang Jaya lol)

I decided on Charis. Reason is kinda personal. No I'm not secretly in love with Daniel Hon la! Got reasons la Hmph. Probably never going to go Grace because of it too.

But aiseh...I went Charis...Where everything was normally mandarin with translation...And that day of all days there was none.

But it was an evangelistic session where we were taught this program which gets great results. They switched to Cantonese for their "guest"(I'm still a guest because I don't regularly attend)(yet) However Cantonese...for me...you can't speak it THAT fast. I tend to lose things as the speed increases and I rely on translating body language. Guy was behind a podium. Bird had to teach Sunday School so he couldn't help me out. So I lost a few things. But more or less it's in the booklet.

After awhile he asked us to practice our delivery of testimony...Aiseh. The testimony of how we found Christ. I really really felt like squirming in my seat. Then Uncle Hon told Sister Hon to help me out because of her dominant English.

Aiseh lagi squirm la! This is the girl than Bird called fierce like mad! Then we just shared our testimony. When I heard hers first...It was about how she discovered God's love. Then she asked me share. Aiseh. Mine was really disjointed and I never did say what happened really. So she was befuddled. But good old Sister Hon(Anna) decided not to press on and ask about the missing bit.

Today I've got this CD from Campus City. It says "Knowing your calling(1)"

I don't need to listen to it to roughly guess what it's going to teach. But I already know my calling...To finally get over my past. An use my testimony. Because our personal testimonies are the best testimonies to deliver, and I realise that only with my testimony can I show that God is the God of second chances. So if I we're to preach or to evangelise I know my target audience.

I still struggle with it though. But somehow or other the following week was full of messages which were about getting over the past. And you can't run from your past. So it's about time I got over it. And finally take full advantage of it. Everything happens for a reason after all. And I'll never let it cripple me anymore.

Who said going to Charis on a day without translation was a mistake? There are no mistakes. Just appointed coincidences XD
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?