The Bite
Chimy Changa

Thanks Ms Chian

By Kington
1pm. [The door creaks open]

"Is Ms. Chian here?"
"Oh hello Kington."

I asked all the things which I couldn't quite grasp in the MCQs for econs today. I managed to finish everything from 2002-2007 quite a feat. Had very very painfull sleep for it last night.

"The only thing we ever study for is Econs really. Because it's the only thing we can't get A."
"What about physics and the other subjects? Surely they're harder?"
"We've figured out how to get A for those subjects. But for Econs we've been writing exactly what is expected of us but somehow we're still not raking in the A's"

I've been asleep for too long. I feel rusty. I feel like I've got jelly for legs and lead pipes for arms.

"Kington you better get an A. I forecasted you an A you know?"

Most people don't use my name unless it's necessary. It's not that easy to pronounce really because no one gets ANY practice with it. There's only 1 Kington really. So when she said it I knew she meant it.

"Kington if you don't get an A I'm gonna take 10% of your income for the rest of your life!"
"Eh Teacher if you take 10% of my income if I get A then it's good la coz you're going to get quite a bit. If I get B then it probably means you're going to get peanuts."
"Permanant life tax if you get anything less than an A. Tax for life."

Joker la. But thanks. Thanks for the encouragement really. You've seen the rubbish I hand in to you. You've seen my unseriousness in your class. But yet you still believe in me. Just like Jesus...

It's been so long. So long since someone who knows the full depth of my abilities trust in me. Thank you.

I'm going to forget the fatigue. Forget the cold. Forget what has been distracting me for the past few months and just buckle down and tear the information from the ink and paper lying on my desk.

And stuff it down my throat with an antacid and a glass of water.

But first I gotta wake up the other Aspects. They've been sleeping since SPM.

But thank you Ms Chian. Just you saying that you forecasted me an A is enough to stir me from my deepest sleep. To know you handled all that crap I gave you when doing assignments and still believe I've got it to get an A. Thank you. And if you still want the 10% after I get the A....Can bargain arh? XD. I fix your problem you gimme discount boleh tak?

Seriously thank you. Faith like that in me keeps me going. I wanna come out from the hall tomorrow saying "Eh teacher looks like you don't get your 10%."

And 1 month later. "Teacher you really dont get your 10%"

And seriously thank you to you guys who keep giving me all sorts of encouragement, from Chee Ping the everready battery for inspiration and motivation to my great buddy whos always sending me those nice quotes. Thanks!

It's been so long since anyone has put any trust in my work. I can feel the other bits waking up already.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?