The Bite
Chimy Changa

Learning the knives

By Kington
After taking off my jeans yesterday I found my right leg had red welts that looked like blisters but were filled with just blood.

After my bath my right leg was bleeding. Sigh somedays it's just comes too strongs and mucks up the other biological functions.
-----------------------
What should I do? What should I do? I've got a chance to cut the chains. But how do I cut the chains? What should I do?

I worry for a second then I remember what happened hours ago.

"Are you and her together?"
Gotta get it running. Anxiety still floods my head but I know I gotta check to make sure you know.

Tension in the air. Waiting for my answer. And undeniably. Worry.

"HAH? No we're both single." But unavailable I say in my heart.

I feel the tension subside. And the worry from one of the people asking lesson.

Strange. I thought she had a boyfriend. It's been a long time I've been missing from her life. Strange. She chooses not to follow me shortly after with my indeterminate path.

She stared at my hand when she saw me wearing the ring for the first time. She has my birthday in her phone. She has records of me. But not enough.

Hours earlier...

She looks happy. She's energetic. She's shifting from foot to foot. In a happy kind of way not the impatient kind of way.

I turned to look at her. My usual examining look. And she looks at me. I realise maybe that my look was too cold. Because her smile shatters. And she pauses in mid hand movement.

I turn away on focus on whats happening at the front. She collects herself and continues what she was doing.

And I remember it. When I had no idea what I was capable of. When I didn't know whats my rating. It was as if I stuck my knife into her and drew lines in her flesh scarring her. I was learning. And I learnt things with the time I spent talking to her.

It's ironic. She's never seen me in the flesh much. But I've talked to her a lot. And yet she has never heard what my voice sounds without any damage or modulation. But she's heard what my reality is.

And then she looks at my friend with me. She must be wondering if I'm plunging my knives into my friend too. I learnt from her and Lay Shu to never repeat what I did.

Does she still hurt to see me with other people? Did I scar her in that short time? But I always thought she moved on...

So I was wrong. And I don't know how wrong am I. But I think I should make it up to her somehow. But I don't know how to.

Back in the present. I look at the people before me. I remember something from the tricks. And I try to soften the cut as I prepare to do it to the person before me.

I lean forward low. And I say something. Using my raw voice. For both the people in front of me to hear.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?