The Bite
Chimy Changa

The stab

By Kington
I pissed the Bird off.

The unfazed. Super good at annoying people off. Bird.

After all those years of crap. 3 only actually. We've got a serious bond already.

Thing is I mentioned his bad driving very pointedly in a conversation. Saying how he's the last person on earth I'd take driving advice from and that his track record speaks for itself.

He got pissed enough to get out and slam the car door. Walk across the road and get into turtle's car.

I just waited for the traffic light to turn green then I went home to park then got into turtle's car.

He was naturally a bit pei already and probably got "overscrewed" from his parents over his driving. So I guess thats why he so pissed.

My reason for bringing it up? I was getting scolded for not jumping the traffic light. And jumping the gun is what got him screwed for all his accidents.

It's not without any reason I brought it up really. It's because I absolutely hate people telling me how to drive.

Even if my dad is telling me how to park I can get quite annoyed. The passing comment is alright. The shrieking I can handle. The "jaga speed" I can also handle.

But an outright instruction on how to drive seriously taxes my patience. I.E. "jump the traffic light" "cut out and cut back in to block the guy" "don't give him face" And doing it repeatedly begs for me to do something.

Naturally I don't have much hand-eye coordination skill. I can't play basketball. I actually rely on crazy reflexes and the ability to just repeat the same motions as accurately as a video tape. Thats how I get through life.

But driving...Ohohoh I love driving. Apart from the numbing sensation thats caused by the seat pressing into my lower back causing me to limp right after driving...I loveeee driving.

Driving is like ballet with the car for me. Manual or auto. Kancil or Iswara or Sentra or the other 2 rarely used cars. It's all good to me. It's crazy fun.

The calculations based on speed, turning radius, brake traction and tyre traction. The sheer complexity of it all unravelled in my head in a split second as I enter corners lets me enjoy the drive fully and feel the corners almost precisely.

The vibrations of the wheel, pedals(manual) and body of the car. Tells me how much pressure to apply to the accelerator, how much grip should I have on the wheel, how steady it's going to be when I brake.

I know all of it. No matter how the car swerves. No matter how near it gets to the dividers sometimes. I know all of it.

It's just crazy fun for me. I'm really fully in control of the car when I'm paying attention. And to tell me how to drive, as if I'm a complete novice, unless the person is crazy skilled like turtle. I'll get quite annoyed.

I've got a lot of experience driving. I've been driving almost everyday for the past year since I got my license.

So ladies and gents. Don't worry lah when I'm driving. I know what I'm doing lah. If I happen to drive recklessly. Don't worry I've probably already done worse.

Driving is an off limits topic between me and Bird now. Oh well.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?