The Bite
Chimy Changa

I gotta admit it.

By Kington
Went to coll. Had class. Ate cuttlefish during econs.

Went for lunch with Shern Ren, Serena, Joel, Xin Dee and Eswhy. Xin Huei hopped halfway. Still got her stuff in my car.

Came home. Coordinated a few things. And left 1 handphone at home. Walked to post office while considering a lot of random things.

Came home again. Pocketed the other handphone. It's mostly a dead weight.

Picked out the Sentra keys. Low petrol but can't beat that comfort when you nearly groaned out loud sending a passenger home from raw pain. And walked out of the world.

Went for an escape.

-----------------------------
Alright alright I gotta admit it.

-----------------------------

Falsetto off, I said our goodbyes. For once. Haven't turned it off since the switchfoot concert and that was for volume and stamina. And even after that with my throat all busted up I put my hand to my throat and squeezed it back on.

I just wanted to say goodbye proper and all. With everything real.

I'll miss everything.

I'll miss seeing you think. The way you just stare off into space. Musing quietly whilst plucking at the corners of your pillows.
I'll miss watching you play with your clamshell handphone. Opening and closing it absent-mindedly not at all like the people in my line would do it..
I'll miss walking behind you soundlessly even as you're happily humming in front of me.
I'll miss telling you all my confusing stories and seeing you pause after hearing them.

And I'll miss the expression on your face when you catch me just looking at you trying to find the words to fill the silence.

Even if it was awfully short lived.

I remember meeting you. With the marble beneath my shoes. I felt so torn inside that day. I would have let the facade blow but my friends were reminding me how fortunate I am. I felt like tearing my own face out.

Shortly after I lost all the confidence in myself. Confidence that I was once something that people would be proud to say they know.

Then you put it back in me. Reminded me that well...you still think I'm a nice guy. I still don't see how you get that notion. But if you say it's true I guess maybe it is. Haha.

Telling you a rubbish story over a piece of very hard chicken and rice. It was all fun. Walking in the insane heat with your friends knowing we were likely to be late for class. Was something completely new for me.

I picked up the pieces. Slapped it back together. Regained the confidence that I needed to do what I do now.

We got a lot closer recently. And I'm happy we did.

Spending time together. Laughing as you did the things that always made me smile.

Gossiping about the rest of the world. Was also major fun. Even if I didn't know some of our subjects.

I was wondering if I would miss you after you leave. It rested on my mind a few weeks ago. I've seen a lot of people come and go. And in the previous year I mastered not feeling anything seeing people go. Walk out of my life. I've even let one of my oldest friends go. Without even a second thought.

And yeah I gotta admit. If I was there watching you go down into the lower hall. With marble under my shoes again. You might see me do something other than smile.

See you.

When you're back I'm going to book you for one full day I don't care!

And yes you're a good teacher haha. That or I'm just a good student.
---------------------------

Listening to a lot of old songs. Feeling nostalgic. All I gotta do now is stare at the moon sipping wine from a glass. And suddenly laugh to myself shaking my head.

Or a gin would be excellent.

Suddenly wondering what would happen if it's time for Mike to leave. Or time for me to leave things behind.

Aiseh friend leave already stoning keep quiet with Jorrel laughing/complaining about the lag next to me. My turn to leave I wonder how I'll react lah.

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?