The Bite
Chimy Changa

Mourning

By Kington
Throwing the blank check and the order letter into the backseat with the sun rising in the sky slowly painting it's orange glow on everything.

I slam the door.

Shove the key into the ignition and twist spreading a bit of energy to get the car to start on the first try.

I rev the engine of this rarely used 1.4 litre car. It's only 1.4 litres but it's light making it agile even if the handling system is less than ideal.

Time to go and get to work I guess. The world can't wait forever.

And even if I don't play my role it'll figure out a way of it's own. I just wanna know I did something anyway.

-----------------
One of the possible reasons it's called Valentine's day is because of a dead Catholic saint. And I know all you protestants out there wrinkle your noses at the thought of anything about saints or the Seven Sacrements of the Catholic faith.

As a guy that is neither here nor there I can't really say much. Except that we all have the same boss but different office.

Ah wait. Thats all pretty unrelated.

Uhh yeah anyway. I don't really see how this specific day has anything to to do with crazy hustle and bustle of chocolates and roses. If you ask me lah. If you really wanna do anything it gets even more wow if you do it on another day.

Valentine's day is kinda like saying you've submitted to peer pressure.

I really sound like I'm trying to justify my inactivity today right? Well I do acknowledge I'm not doing anything. And well it's cause I've got nothing to do really...And today is really a day for me to mourn.

It's the day that I had to let someone die. Oh well. It's only a death in theory. It creates a paradox. So is it a metaphorical death? I'm not too sure myself.

I felt funny last night. But I just dismissed things. I ended up waking at 5:30. I wanted to go into a long 1 hour devotion. Best calm my soul can ever find with so much stuff weighing on it.

But I fell asleep waiting for something.

Very difficult for me to stay awake. I slept during econs exam. It's not that I'm tired. It's just the general I don't wanna stay awake feeling.

It's such a muted day. I'm waiting for this crux point to pass so I can unfold my hands and get to work again.

Today was supposed to be yet another rest day. But dad's laptop came through. So I gotta go get it. Taking the fast car. Sadly not the very very fast car...That would be just awesome.

I guess all of this is just another random babbling session. Been really crazy in terms of the need to think recently. And with everything offline/sleeping/resting today it's kinda hard to get all of my resources.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?