The Bite
Chimy Changa

Irritation abound

By Kington
I need my left hand.

I need my left hand BAD.

I need it to input quick commands!

But it's preoccupied holding my phone thats too small to cradle in my neck.

The small voice on the other end is obviously very happy to hear me speak.

To listen to the opinions of this now super jaded, aging once prominent photographer full of energy.

I hear a beep. And I know whos sms is that. And I want to read it.

I hint a few times. Changing my tune.

I try to irritate. Saying very little. Just trying to make it seem as if the person on the other end is talking to a wall.

I get brutal. Jorrel and the others are telling me they're all suffering because I'm preoccupied elsewhere. And I'm shocked by my own brutal comment.

Finally I say I've got to go.

And as I hang up. I begin to explain why the call was so long to my buddy next to me. And when I tell an important detail.

I can feel him turning to look at my shrug.

Kid. Give up. You're never going to get anywhere. Especially with what I already have. You can't ever match the stuff that impresses me. And I'm sorry. But I'm really that jaded.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?