The Bite
Chimy Changa

Romanticism

By Kington
I twist the key in the ignition. With a weak rattling noise the engine comes to life.

It's a hot and sunny day. I hate travelling on these kinda days.

I wave the 2 white protons sandwhiching me on either side off to go first.

I engage the reverse gear and I hear the familiar beep of my sensors coming to life and I slowly back the car out from our host's home.

I wave goodbye to her. And it's time to tailgate.

Fuel was low again so I did my best to keep up even at low speeds. Supplementing engine power with momentum. Using gliding power. Lending a little extra to the engine. Braking later. Guiding with brakes.

All the tricks.

I flipped through the 4 cds I had eyeballing the titles rapidly. "e", A H written in a very distorted fashion, "God"(the worship CD I was listening too all the way on the journey here) and the last CD "Blindside".

I knew I was in for some fun.

I pop in the Blindside CD. Close the cover and insert the jack.

Sweet.

On slopes I release the overdrive function to catch up with them. I note their respective power outputs.

Kembara poor acceleration without switching to low gears.
2 Sagas of indeterminate age. Auto. Maximum speed of about 150 on a straight with high acceleration due to low number of gears.
1 SE Myvi. That guy has got some serious go.

It's going to be tough keeping up. At least I'm comfortable.

I turn up the volume to 40. And I can't even hear the wind rushing by my car anymore.

The Myvi starts weaving in and out cutting left and right to go faster. Traffic stops him.

The 4 of us hug the right lane at about 120 km/h.

The Myvi pulls up right next to us.

He darts off and tries weaving to get ahead again.

He needs more experience.

The hard beats blaring out from the speakers filling the car. I bet if I drove near enough to them they might hear something.

I think they're all pressing flatout. My foot is only halfdown to save petrol. Dwindling energy sources after all.

We reach the Kesas highway toll. I whip out my SmartTag and shoot on through.

I wait for them to pass me again. And I tailgate going heavy because the road is wide open.

Speeding along the road with the slower more lazylike cars on a Sunday crawl parallel to us. They seem so slow. Like dew trying to fall off a leaf.

130km/h.

I see their cars rattle. And drift along left to right. They must probably be strugling to balance their cars.

Experience has me holding the wheel gently with 1 hand and steering steadily.

The howling of the air rushing past our cars are loud. Even with my heavily insulated car it's still pretty loud. But my music is louder.

Pity I don't have any Pillar with me. "Reckless Youth" would be a perfect song right now.

We are the fearless ones
We are the loaded guns
With nothing left to lose
We are the reckless youth


I see both white Saga's follow the branch off into Subang. The black Myvi follows. Foolish. The damansara exit is still further up.

I shoot pass the Subang exit, and I glance into the rearview mirror. The Kembara didn't follow me. He's headed the same way though.

And I realise this may be the wrong exit.

But who cares. I've got my music. I'll never get lost. And it doesn't matter if I'm all alone in the car anyway. Just time to enjoy the drive.

And I dash off furhter into the sunny highway. Singing with the music even if I'm not sure of the lyrics half the time.

------------------------------------

Actually I'm having a load of trouble sleeping. I just can't seem to figure things out.

Ever since last Monday I lost the need to worry. But why is it I still can't sleep at night? I'm not worried about anything at all but I wake up about 4-6 times a night.

And I'm suuuuuppppppeeeeeeerrrrrr hungry ever since I decided to go "Sun up till Sun down". Benefit is Ms. Chian lets me go for 8-9 econs on wed though! Super quiet wei I tell you that PM 11! Not a peep wei!

SNIFF!

And to my friend. Aiyoh I know I'm quit the jealous fellow sometimes but I've got no reason to worry anymore lerh. So you can quit thinking if I'm jealous.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?